Marinara Plus Moroccan Inspired Tacos
With Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Mash & Bell Peppers
These tacos are inspired by Moroccan spices and loaded with Vitamin D, Vitamin C and plant-based protein. High in vitamins and antioxidants, these tacos have us wishing Taco Tuesday was every day!
Makes about 3-4 tacos. Double, triple or quadruple the recipe for more servings
- Tortillas - we love Siete’s non-flour tortillas
- ½ can of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ large Sweet potato
- ½ Red & ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ½ Jalapeño, seeded - optional
- 1 cup of ReadtheLabl Marinara Plus
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ Lime
- Optional topping sauce
- ReadtheLabl Matcha Sriracha
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Optional topping sauce - mix equal parts Matcha Sriracha & tahini then add a little lemon juice. Set aside
- In a large skillet, add the red onion, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper (optional), and grated sweet potato; sauté over medium heat until they begin to soften, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Add a tablespoon or so of water if the veggies start to stick to prevent burning.
- Add the garlic and chickpeas and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often, add the spice mix, a squeeze of lime and Marinara Plus and sauté for another minute or two.
- Test the flavors, add more spices, if necessary.
- Heat your tortillas, add the veggie mix and top with red onions and optional Matcha Sriracha mix. Enjoy!