Marinara Plus Baked Ziti
With Ground Beef, Banza Ziti Pasta and Ricotta Cheese
Did someone say One-Pot Pasta Dish? We love being able to use 1 pot and make the ultimate comfort food with a healthy twist. Next time you're having a dinner party, whip this delicious meal up and leave everyone feeling happy and healthy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pouch ReadtheLabl Marinara Plus
- 3 cups of water
- 16-ounce package Banza ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups Kale
- ¾ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish Fresh Oregano
- Preheat oven to broil
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sautee mushrooms with olive oil, garlic and oregano
- Add grass-fed ground beef and ½ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and crumbly, about 5 minutes
- Increase heat to medium-high and add water, Marinara Plus, Banza noodles and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently until pasta is al dente, about 9 minutes. Add Kale for the last minute of pasta cooking.
- Once pasta is done and kale is wilted, remove from heat and stir in ricotta. Top with mozzarella
- Broil until golden, about 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh oregano. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve!