Veggie Soirée Spicy Chicken Sausage and Sweet Potato Bowl
With Broccoli, Heirloom Tomatoes, Turmeric Rice & Edamame Beans
This nutrient-loaded bowl has everything! Greens, grains, protein and is filled with the micronutrients that are packed in our Veggie Soirée. We could eat plant-forward bowls like this every day! Try out the recipe below and share.
- Spicy chicken sausage
- Turmeric brown rice (use your choice of grain - add turmeric powder to the rice while cooking)
- Leafy greens (we opted for romaine lettuce)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 small head of broccoli
- A handful of heirloom tomatoes
- Frozen Edamame beans
- Garlic salt + additional seasonings you love
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil, ghee butter or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel your sweet potato and cut into medium-sized pieces. Toss with oil, garlic salt & pepper. Cut your chicken sausage into medium slices. Place sweet potatoes and chicken sausage on an oven-safe pan. Once the oven is ready, place the pan in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook rice with 1 part rice and 2 parts water in a saucepan. Add turmeric powder & cover. Cook on medium, low for about 10-15 minutes. If cooking in a rice cooker, follow the appliance instructions.
- Cook edamame according to package. Set aside.
- While the rice, sweet potatoes and chicken sausage cook, chop your broccoli and heirloom tomatoes. Heat a pan with oil then add the broccoli and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Let sautée for 5-7 minutes then add heirloom tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and add Veggie Soirée.
- Once everything is ready, it’s time to throw it all together. Start with a base of leafy greens then add rice, chicken sausage, sweet potatoes and the broccoli, tomato and Veggie Soirée mixture. Top with edamame andBon Appétit.