Veggie Soirée Shredded Chicken, Butternut Squash & Black Bean Taco Wraps
With Butter Lettuce, Broccoli Sprouts and Hemp Seeds
Let’s reinvent Taco Tuesday and swap out those grain-heavy, grease-filled tacos for healthy and delicious alternatives like these sweet and savory taco wraps. Made with our Veggie Soirée, pasture-raised, antibiotic-free chicken, butternut squash and black beans wrapped in butter lettuce, these tacos are antioxidant-rich and high in essential vitamins like Vitamin D, Vitamin B6 & Vitamin A. Top with some broccoli sprouts and hemp seeds for added nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids, plus our Matcha Sriracha if you want to bring the heat.
- For the filling:
- ReadtheLabl Veggie Soirée
- Pasture-raised, antibiotic-free chicken breast
- Butternut squash, chopped into large chunks
- Canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Ground paprika
- Ground chili powder
- Garlic salt
- ½ onion, sliced
- Fresh Garlic
- Sea salt & pepper
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- For the Salsa:
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ fresh jalapeno. chopped
- Garlic Salt
- Butter lettuce
- Optional Toppings: Matcha Sriracha (for a little pop of heat), hemp seeds & broccoli sprouts
- Salsa: combine tomato, onion, cilantro & jalapeno with the lime juice and garlic salt. Set aside
- Boil the chicken breast in a medium pot (bring water and chicken to a boil then reduce heat and cover. Let sit for 8-10 minutes for 2 pieces of chicken or 15-20 for 4 pieces)
- While the chicken boils, add olive oil to a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium-low. Once warm, add sliced onion & garlic plus salt and pepper to taste; saute for 2 minutes. Add butternut squash, paprika, chili powder, garlic salt and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from pot and add to bowl; shred the chicken as you prefer.
- Add shredded chicken, black beans and Veggie Soirée to the saucepan with squash and onions. You can also save some of the broth from boiling the chicken to add to the mixture. Add additional seasonings to your liking. Heat until the mixture is warm.
- Add taco filling to butter lettuce leaves. Top with salsa and optional broccoli sprouts, hemp seeds and Matcha Sriracha.
Leave a comment (all fields required)