Matcha Sriracha Spicy Shrimp Tacos
With Cilantro Lime Slaw
These super easy, perfectly spiced shrimp tacos are loaded with antioxidants from our Matcha Srirachaand packed with protein and vitamins like Vitamin C, K and B12. Spice up your night with these delicious tacos.
- Fresh or frozen wild-caught shrimp
- Siete tortillas (we used cassava)
- ReadtheLabl Matcha Sriracha
- Cabbage, chopped
- Red onion, chopped
- Jalapeno pepper, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Plant milk or your choice of whole milk (we used Oat milk)
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Blue agave or honey
- OPTIONAL: Canned sweet corn with feta cheese & cilantro for a side
- Prep your shrimp. Peel and wash or let defrost if you buy frozen peeled shrimp. Set aside.
- To make the slaw: Combine cabbage, red onion, jalapeno & half a lime. Add apple cider vinegar & agave or honey as you see fit. Stir in as much cilantro as you like and add garlic salt & pepper.
- To cook shrimp: Heat oil in a medium pan on medium to low heat, add red onion & minced garlic. Add salt & pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp, paprika, chili powder & cumin. Cook for about 5-7 minutes. You should start to see the shrimp curl in. Once your shrimp is almost done, add in Matcha Sriracha, ½ cup of plant milk and the other half of the lime. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Optional: Take shrimp out of the pan and chop to smaller pieces to make filling your tacos easier. Add back to the sauce and mix around after chopping.
- Heat your tortillas then add shrimp and top with the cilantro slaw. Take a picture and enjoy!