Have you tried broccoli slaw yet? Broccoli stalks are shredded into thin strips after the florets are cut off. You can do this yourself (less waste!) or take the quick and easy route and buy a ready-made bag. The ready-made slaw we used also had carrots and red cabbage. Broccoli slaw is a low-calorie source of dietary fiber, and it has vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. Mushrooms, red bell pepper and edamame add extra nutrition, texture, and flavor to the salad and our healthy Matcha Sriracha dressing gives it just the right amount of kick.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 adults
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 oz. bag of broccoli slaw
- 4 oz. shitake mushroom, cut into strips
- 8 oz. edamame (thaw, if frozen)
- Zest and juice of a lime
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Matcha Sriracha
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the broccoli slaw and other sliced vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.